13 April 2011

One Small Step: A correction from the BBC on Stafford Hospital

Over the last two years I have been cutting my teeth on trying to use the BBC complaints process effectively.
This was made necessary because of the persistent and damaging misreporting of the Stafford Hospital Story.

Yesterday I had this. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-12328862 If you scroll down to the bottom of the screen you will see that the BBC have now removed the reference to hundreds of deaths and printed a correction.

I have yet to search to find out if they have done this on the dozens of stories printed on Stafford Hospital - or if I still need to press for this.

Having this correction in the BBC will make the next step of getting corrections in the press significantly easier.

After two years of what felt like beating my head against a brick wall, this is real progress.

Thank you BBC. We can get things right together!