This morning, ( Full account HERE ), the Jury were shown emails, by Prosecution Counsel Edis, from Rebekah Brooks to James Murdoch which appear to be part of a discussion on how to handle the gathering media storm which would inevitably follow the Milly Dowler phone-hacking revelations.
As I type this update, Twitter and the newswires are awash with comment and speculation about the implications of Tony Blair's alleged intervention.
Below are a sample of the articles written since the news broke (most contain reproductions of the emails revealed to the Jury):-
- Tony Blair Advised Rebekah Brooks on Phone-hacking Scandal, Court Hears - Guardian
- Tony Blair Advised Rebekah Brooks to Set Up 'Hutton Style' Inquiry Into Phone-hacking - Times (£)
- Tony Blair 'Privately Advised' Rebekah Brooks on Phone-hacking Scandal, Court Hears - Hacked Off
- The Brooks 'Plan B' and 'Blair Unofficial ' Advisor Emails - Peter Jukes - Live Tweeting the Hacking Trial
- Hacking Trial: Tony Blair Told Rebekah Brooks to Take Sleeping Pills and 'Tough up' - Press Gazette
- Rebekah Brooks Wanted to Blame Les Hinton and Colin Myler For Phone-hacking Scandal - Hacked Off
- ***Blair Responds to Brooks Email - John Rentoul - Independent