6th Day in the Witness Box for Andy Coulson:
|Newsroom after the closure of the News of the World|
Yesterday afternoon saw the end of Andy Coulson's Evidence in Chief and his opportunity to answer, with the help of questions from his Defence Counsel, Timothy Langdale QC, to the charges brought by the Prosecution team.
The afternoon was then taken up by the cross-examination of Andy Coulson by the Defence Counsels of some of the other Defendants: Jonathan Laidlaw QC for Rebekah Brooks, David Spens for Clive Goodman.
Today it is expected that David Spens will continue his questioning.
A full account of yesterday's events in court, with links to articles and information, can be found HERE.
Latest links to articles and information:
- The Elephant in the Room: New Report on Media Ownership - Media Reform UK
- Andy Coulson Accused of 'Pure Hypocrisy' Over David Blunkett Expose - Guardian
- Sources, Spooks and Private Affairs - The Drum
- Andy Coulson: I Regret Exposing Blunkett Affair - BBC News
- Was Thurlbeck Disciplined Over Blunkett Voicemail? Andy Coulson: 'I'm Sorry, No' - Press Gazette
- Coulson Tells Hacking Trial of 'Irony' Over Exposing Blunkett Affair - Hacked Off
- Andy Coulson: Palace Mole Supplied NOTW With Information for Cash - Hacked Off
- Coulson Tells Court of Goodman Arrest, Build-up to Resignation - The Drum
- Two Resignations, a Government Job and a Replica Gun - The Drum
- Coulson 'Did Not Cover Anything Up' - BBC News
- NUJ Votes to Raise Subscriptions, Reject IPSO and Abolish the Post of Deputy General Secretary - Press Gazette
- Andy Coulson 'Did Not Cover Anything Up' After Clive Goodman Arrest - Independent
- News of the World Bullying Rife, Trial Hears Man Once Threatened Colleague With Replica Gun - HuffPo
Today's proceedings begin:
(to view larger versions of the tweets and images, click on the first one)
|David Spens QC, Andy Coulson's Defence Counsel|
|Neville Thurlbeck and James Weatherup|
|Dan Evans - image via Guardian|