Yesterday, Charlie Brooks, Rebekah Brooks husband, began to give evidence in his own defence. He is charged with Conspiracy to Pervert the Course of Justice.
A full account of yesterday's proceedings, links and information can be found HERE
Latest links to articles and information:
- Rusbridger on How No Journalist's Sources Are Safe, Joining IPSO and Why He Would Have Kept NotW Open - Press Gazette
- Hacking Trial Live Tweets - 28th March - Peter Jukes' Blog
- Rebekah Brooks Was 'Paranoid' About Being Arrested in Runup to NoW Closure - Guardian
- Charlie Brooks: Rebekah Lived in 'Paranoia' of Police Dawn Raid - Martin Hickman/David Hencke
- A Phone-call, a Resignation and a Police Frenzy - The Drum
Brooks was then asked about his relationship with the security team News International had provided to protect him and his wife, who had the codename "Blackhawk". "We thought they were as likely as anyone else to tell the media where we were going, so we only told that what they needed to know, as we knew they would follow us anyway. We were probably being paranoid, and we might have being unfair," the defendant admitted.
- Charlie Brooks Regales Jury With His Novel Plotlines - The Australian
- Rebekah Brooks Feared Handcuff Shot Could End Her Career - Independent
|Image from the Independent depicting the scene from yesterday in Court 12.|